2021 Membership Fees are due for 2021 by 28 Feb – membership
6 March – 24 April (note no session will be run on Sat 5th April) – Registration
First Fencing Sessions
Wed 10 February* – only if you have your own fencing kit.
Sat 13 February* – Bladez kids’ course starts, plus regular fencing.
Wed 17 Feb, Sat 20 Feb – Back to normal fencing (all being well!).
* Note that current COVID-19 rules require a (non-fencing!) mask to be worn at all times by anyone 12 or older in indoor venues, until Sunday 14 February. This includes whilst you are fencing.
You will need 2021 Fencing WA affiliation – available from the FWA site – before you fence (except for Bladez triallers). Record your FWA receipt number to use in your Cavaliers registration, due by the end of February.
The first official Cavaliers fencing session for this year is Saturday 13 February.
- Bladez (aged 9-13) – 1:30pm start as usual.
- If your child(ren) are trying Bladez for the first time, please come along at 1:15 so we can set you up.
- All other fencers – 2pm start.
- If you are not comfortable with wearing a mask under your fencing mask, you may prefer to wait until 17 or 20 February, assuming no further changes to WA COVID-19 restrictions.
From Saturday 13th February, we will be able to sort out equipment hire for members who have paid hire fees. See the section below for more information.
We will also hold a fencing session this Wednesday 10th February from 6:30-9pm. There will be no kit hire available on this day, so please only come if you have access to your own equipment. It will be like our summer sessions, but without a gold coin donation needed. COVID-19 restrictions will apply.
Post-lockdown, some restrictions still apply in Perth. Currently, these are due to continue until 14 February – which means they will apply at our first session back.
- Use the SafeWA app when you arrive at the Mt Lawley ECU gym. This will continue well past 14 February!
- Everyone aged 12 or above must wear a face mask, both outside and inside the venue.
- This includes whilst fencing – so, a mask under your fencing mask! Fencing WA have confirmed with DLGSC (WA Department of Local Government, Sport, and Cultural Industries) that this applies to fencing.
A RegisterNow link is now available for annual or term Cavs membership. Registration of membership is due by the end of February. You will need a FWA receipt number to register. All registration fees include a small fee from RegisterNow.
Held a 2020 Membership?
Many thanks for your support in 2020, especially if you paid for a full-year or term-two membership in 2020! Look out for another email shortly that will provide you with a code to claim your free term’s membership when you register for 2021 membership.
If your child(ren) are trying out Bladez for the first time, you do not need to register yet. We will organise a two-week trial on your arrival.
Fencing WA Affiliation
Fencing WA (or equivalent) affiliation is compulsory to be able to fence in WA, including for insurance purposes. You will need your FWA affiliation receipt number to register for Cavs.
An affiliation RegisterNow link, including information about affiliation types and costs, is available from the FWA website. To avoid headaches, we recommend registering for FWA first and saving the receipt number, then logging out of RegisterNow before registering for Cavs.
We held a Busy Bee at the end of 2020 to check and maintain our club equipment. Many thanks to everyone who helped out!
For those who are hiring equipment from the club (including Bladez kids), we will continue the practice we started in 2020:
- Once kit hire (or Bladez registration) is purchased from the club, a set of gear will be allocated.
- This is subject to availability in your size – first come, first served. Of course, if we do not have kit available in your size, we will refund your hire fee.
- The allocated kit will be labelled and kept in the club cabinets for your use.
- If we don’t see hear from you for a month, we may re-allocate your kit to someone else!
All the best for a wonderful year of fencing in 2021!
COVID WA lockdown update
Monday 1 February 2021 Hello everyone, hope you’re all doing ok, given yesterday’s hard lockdown announcement for Perth, Peel and the Southwest (see WA gov announcements for more info).
I know that we have all been looking forward to returning to fencing – or trying it for the first time! – but the health and wellbeing of our members and the wider community are very important to us, so we need to be flexible. We do not yet know if there will be further lockdown requirements beyond this Friday at 6pm, or what they may be.
Given the short time between the hard lockdown ending and our planned first session on Saturday, we have decided to delay the start of our term until at least the following Saturday 13 Feb: 1:30 (Bladez) or 2:00 (all other fencers).
We will keep you posted as updates arise. In the meantime, stay well, look after each other, and we look forward to seeing you all on the fencing piste soon!
No fencing session on Saturday 6 February