Cavaliers Fencing 2022
17 January 2022 Happy New Year everyone! We are starting back from Saturday 29 January 2022. Make sure you register before starting.
- Start dates – general, Bladez, Beginners.
- Registrations due by February.
- Equipment hire information.
- AGM 2021 minutes and call for volunteers (Assistant Armourers).
Our first session will be on Saturday 29 January, starting at 2pm. The first Bladez session for under-13’s is the Saturday after school starts – 5 February.
Our first beginners’ course of 2022 will start in late February. We will email details including a registration link to everyone on our waiting list as soon as it is available, and will release the registration link to everyone shortly afterwards.
Club registration is required for all club fencers (Bladez, Juniors, Seniors) except students in the current Beginners’ course.
1. First, make sure you have affiliated with Fencing WA. This is a requirement for all fencers, of all ages. This fee is a once-off for each year. The 2022 link is https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=45867.
- Save your FWA receipt number – you’ll need this for club registration.
2. Next, you need to register for our club! As flagged in our last AGM, there are a few changes for registration this year. Register online early to grab the earlybird discount!
- Registrations and hire fees are upfront (whole year) or semester (six months) only – no single-term options.
- Cavs club 2022 registration (semester or whole-year) is at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=46150.
- Discounts available:
- Earlybird – $25 credit will be automatically applied to online RegisterNow registrations made by 15 February.
- Family – use registration type “Create Family” instead of Individual to register two or more members from the same family and receive a $50 discount for members other than the first.
- KidSport (external to the club) for eligible under-18’s. For more information, see https://kidsport.dlgsc.wa.gov.au. Please register for the club membership normally, and then contact the club to organise refund(s) for KidSport vouchers.
- Fees below are for the year – halve them for semester fees.
- Club registration – $400 seniors, $320 juniors (13-21), $300 Bladez (9-13).
- For 13 year olds, select Bladez to join the 9-13 year old class, or Junior if attending main sessions (Saturdays and/or Wednesdays).
- Equipment hire fees. Advice is available at the club if you are interested in purchasing your own equipment instead of hiring.
- Bladez membership and Beginners’ courses include equipment hire, which will be kept at the club for use in sessions.
- For all other fencers, up to two hire fees are required: Clothing Set and Electric Weapon Set. In each case, the fee is due unless you own all of the required kit.
- Add one or both fees as required via the “Add to cart” option(s) on the Merchandise page. Click each image for more details.
- Clothing Set $200. For jacket, plastron, glove, mask, and/or chest protector. Member will be responsible for their allocated items for the hire period, including storage and cleaning.
- Electric Weapon Set $100. For use of weapon, body/mask wires, and/or lamé. Use “Choose Variant” option to select foil, epee or sabre. A set will be allocated per member, and will be stored at the club.
Borrowed equipment will be allocated specifically per-member. Equipment hire is provided subject to availability and sizes.
Club members will also be able to hire kit short-term (e.g. for competitions) by signing-out items with a committee member. This will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and will not require an extra fee.
AGM Minutes and 2022 Helpers
You can download the Minutes from December’s Annual General Meeting here.
We are looking for volunteers to help as Assistant Armourers in 2022. These people will help out with advice on equipment maintenance and repairs. You do not need to be experienced in fencing repairs to help out – we will coach as required! Junior fencers are welcome, as well as senior fencers and parents.
Let us know at ECUcavaliers@gmail.com if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you at sessions in 2022.